Posted by middlerage on August 29, 2014
I have now finished my very first week ever as a teacher.
Words fail. There is so much to say and yet I have no idea what to say. I have seen the elephant.
I promise I am not trying to be exclusionary. I am not trying to be: “You can never understand.” But I just don’t know how to translate the visceral experience of working with “challenging” kids into prose.
I am defeated.
I am overwhelmed.
I am self questioning.
I am astonished. Saddened. Exhilarated. Committed. Exhausted. Drowning. Confounded. Confused. Disrespected. Happy and Angry. Disgusted and moved. Full of hate but full of caring. Unprepared yet improvising as best as I can.
Posted in kids, observations, wtf | 8 Comments »
Posted by middlerage on August 16, 2014
Just a quick rundown of what’s on my nightstand.
- The Recursive Complete Idiots Guide to the For Dummies Series and Idiots Guide Series For Dummies
- The Non-Refundable Intro to Advanced Tightrope Walking for Complete Klutzes
- Post Contemporary Mid-Century Modern Danish Design for Retro Rockabilly Free Jazz
- Loving Your Girlfriend’s Cat for Radical Vegans
- Jaywalking in Japan
- The 25 Best sexual Positions for People With Peanut Allergies
Posted in Thinking 'bout Books | 2 Comments »
Posted by middlerage on August 9, 2014
Posted in Thinking 'bout music | 2 Comments »